The Parkside Montessori School
53 Norwood Avenue
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
The PARKSIDE MONTESSORI SCHOOL
Is a pre-school for children ages two and a half to five serving the families of Montclair, Glen Ridge and surrounding communities. Its directors have been operating the program for over 30 years. It is non-denominational and non-discriminatory.
The mission of The Parkside Montessori School is to cultivate curiosity, independence, social responsibility, and a lifelong love of learning.
1. If you need to contact us during the course of the day about anything, please do it with a phone call (973-509-7379). We are with the children most of the day, and we often don’t check our email until after 3:00.
2. Please continue to be as prompt as possible at the 8:45 and 9:00 entrance times and also at the 11:30, 12:30 and 3:00 pick up times. We are doing our best to keep things moving so that everyone is in by 9:05. Parents are not allowed to go beyond the check-in table in the foyer per the state regulations. If you are late you will need to ring the bell.
3. We have been having a little trouble finding disposable vinyl gloves. We go through them very quickly. If you see any would you please pick them up for us and we will reimburse you.
4. We have decided to keep the extra sets of clothes in each child’s cubby because the backpacks aren’t quite big enough when other things are added. So the extra clothes will stay here unless they need to be replaced because of accidents, spills, etc.
5. Once again, labeling of all items including clothing, lunch boxes and especially water bottles is very important.
We have made a number of modifications in our classrooms, with our teachers, our scheduling and our playground.
We're looking forward to a safe and successful school year.
Monday, September 28,
Yom Kippur, No Classes
We are delighted to welcome you to the 20-21 school year!
As we are all well aware, COVID-19 has required a number of modifications in the way schools operates.
Please review our
Prospective Parkside Parents
We shape our program individually for each child.
We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year.
Annie at 973-509-7379
for information or (perhaps) to schedule a visit.